Course Resources is the name given to the University Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and all its integrated systems.
Our Virtual Learning Environment is Blackboard Learn (see more information below) and within the platform we integrate with;
- Blackboard’s core functionality includes:
- Blackboard Collaborate – online collaborative video conferencing.
- Blackboard Ally – supports development of accessible course materials and provides alternative formats
- Blackboard Assignments – eSubmission and plagiarism detection tool
- Blackboard Tests – online quiz and exam
- Turnitin – originality and plagiarism checking tool
- Talis Aspire – Reading Lists
- Panopto – Lecture Recording
- PebblePad – ePortfolio
- EvaSys – Module evaluation surveys
- Respondus – Lock down browser
- OneNote class notebook – collaborative note sharing.
Course Resources undergoes an annual upgrade each year. This takes place in early July and during this time, the university ensures that we are running the most appropriate version of the systems. Consultation on upgrade takes place in the Digital Governance meeting forums. Upgrade typically involves 2 days of downtime.
Please explore the full Digital Practice Handbook site, for advice and guidance. Our Guides provide a useful overview for each of our tools.
The Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) Team within CELT train and support staff in using the above systems. Please see our Training page for our full offer and session recordings.
We also have Microsoft Office 365 that as well as having a wealth of inbuilt tools to support accessibility, there are the following to support learning and teaching.
- OneNote class notebook – collaborative note sharing
- Forms – forms and quizzes
- Teams – group communication and collaboration
- OneDrive – file store, but enables simultaneous document collaboration.
- Sway – digital storytelling.
If you experience any technical issues, please contact IT Services via firstname.lastname@example.org