The way you mark student’s electronic submissions will depend upon which tool was used to collect the submissions. Most submissions are collected using the TurnitinUK assignment tool; as part of this tool you have access to a feedback system called GradeMark.
Marking with TurnitinUK assignment tool
To access student submissions to TurnitinUK follow the instructions below:
- Log in to Course Resources.
- Click on the module which the students have submitted to.
- Click the Module Tools link in the Control Panel on the left.
- Select TurnitinUK Assignments from the list
- Click the name of the submission area.
- Here you will see a list of the students who have submitted their work
- Click on the pencil icon next to the submission.
Below are a series of Guides, which should help you to use the marking tools in Turnitin.
- Using marks and comments
- Adding quickmark drag and drop comments
- Using rubrics for grading and evaluating
- Turnitin iPad App
Hints and Tips for using GradeMark
When writing the general feedback it is best to do this within a Word document first and then copy and paste this across to the general feedback area. This ensures that you can save the work as you go along but also provides you with an overview of the general feedback all in one place. It also provides a spell check which is not available in GradeMark.
Marking with Course Resources assignment tool
The Course Resources assignment tool works with the Grade Centre in your module. This is where you can access the student submissions and leave feedback.
Below are some guides on using the marking tools in the Course Resources assignment tool:
- Grading Assignments
- Inline grading for assignments
Other feedback options
You may also wish to consider providing audio or audio-video feedback which can be done separately or in-conjunction with marking tools mentioned above.
|< Feedback||Home||Audio >|