Feedback Folders is a feature in Course Resources that has been designed and created by the University of Derby. An individual folder is created, which only the course instructors and the student can see. Feedback to students can be uploaded to these folders in a range of formats including video, text, image, video and audio.
Feedback could be uploaded for any activity undertaken by the student for formative or summative assessment. For instance feedback from workshops, rehearsals, contribution within classwork to outcomes recorded from one to one discussion with students, such as tutorials.
Feedback folders are seen as an alternative to Grademark within Turnitin.
Why would I use feedback folders with my students?
- Use as a more secure and organised way of storing feedback than using email. Feedback is stored together within the folder and can be referred back to over a period of time to reflect on progress being made.
- Feedback can be uploaded in a range of formats to individual student’s feedback folders.
How do I use feedback folders with my students?
- Individual feedback folders are setup for each one of your students enrolled on your Course Resources (Blackboard) course. You’ll then need to upload your feedback to the relevant folder.
- Only the instructors on the Course Resources (Blackboard) and the individual student will be able to view the feedback given and uploaded to the folder.
It is important to note the following:
- If Images are being used within feedback it is important to add alternative text.
- If audio and video is being used within feedback it is important to consider if transcripts of sound are needed.
- If video is being used within feedback it is important to consider if captions are needed for audio content.