This process explains how to copy items from one Course Resources module into another. Please ensure that the content copied is relevant and current for the new cohort of students.
Create an export file of the current module
- Go to the module you want to copy from
- In Edit Mode, in the Control Panel, click Packages and Utilities.
- Select Export/Archive Module.
- Click on the Export Package
- In the File Attachment section, select ‘Copy links and include copies of the files… ‘In the Select Course Materials section, tick the menu items that you want to copy or Select All.
- Consider carefully the content that could be reused for the next cohort. You may want to include:
- Content or Study Materials
- Tests, Surveys and Pools.
We would advise that you create new Submission points and Discussion Boards. Under no circumstances Copy the Student Feedback Folders or the External Examiners folder
- Wait until Blackboard has created the export file – you will receive an email when it is ready. The file will be available from the Export/Archive Module page.
- Click Submit.
- Save the Export file (right click on the link and select Save Target as …).
Import the export file into the new module
You need to download and save the export file you have already created.
- In Edit Mode, in the Control Panel, click Packages and Utilities and select Import Package / View Logs.
- Click the Import Package button.
- Under Select a Package, Browse for the export file you have already saved [in step 7 above].
- In Select Course Materials, tick Content Areas and another menu items that you want to import.
- Click Submit.Wait until Blackboard has processed the import file – you will receive an email when it is ready.
- When you return to the module, the new menu items will have been added to the module the files that were in these areas.