What is the OneNote Class Notebook?
The OneNote Class Notebook is specific type of notebook that lets you use OneNote to create, deliver and collaborate on content with Students within and outside of the classroom.
A Class Notebook includes three types of sub-notebooks:
- Student Notebooks — private notebooks that are shared between each teacher and their individual students. Teachers can access these notebooks at any time, but students cannot see other students’ notebooks.
- Content Library — a notebook for teachers to share course materials with students. Teachers can add and edit its materials, but for students, the notebook is read-only.
- Collaboration Space — a notebook for all students and the teacher in the class to share, organize, and collaborate.
Why would I use Class Notebook?
- Create and organise teaching resources
- Deliver and create teaching resources in the Classroom
- Teacher and Student collaboration
- Student collaboration
- Keep student work all in one place
- Provide instant feedback to student work
Class Notebook Add-in
The Class Notebook Add-in is an extension to Microsoft OneNote, that provides teachers with extra functionality to better manage their Class Notebooks. Features include:
- Distribute new pages, sections, or section groups to students in one or more classes easily and quickly
- Distribute a single chunk of text, an image, or an ink selection to all students in a class notebook easily
- Set individualized learning through distribution of new materials to specified students or student groups
- Copy a Content Library to multiple Class Notebooks easily and quickly
- Sequentially review student work (assignments, quizzes, etc.) easily in one or more classes
- OneNote is cross platform and freely available on desktop, online, tablet and mobile platforms
- OneNote has accessibility features built into the software, similar to Microsoft Word and other Microsoft Office tools