Poll Everywhere is a student response system which allows students to engage by posing a number of different types of questions within the classroom. Students can then respond to these questions using a laptop, tablet or smartphone. The results can then be displayed live on screen so answers can be discussed within the session.
This tool enables you to not only formatively assess students learning in real-time and clarify key learning points but also to potentially gather feedback from students about the topics they are covering. In addition Poll Everywhere enables you to run competitions within class as well as look at detailed reports of the responses you receive.
Why would I use Poll Everywhere with my students?
- To formatively assess student understanding of key learning points within a face-to-face teaching session.
- To gather feedback from students using short answer questions about the session you have just run.
- Engage large groups of students by encouraging their competitive nature using short quizzes where they can compete against each other.
- Examine the reports Poll Everywhere produces to see whether students are struggling to understand a particular concept.
- Show students a short video demonstrating key learning points and get them to respond to a series of questions to see whether they understand these.
Poll Everywhere lets your audience interact with a live presentation using their mobile phones or other devices.
Request a Poll Everywhere account
Click here and complete the access request form to get an account.
Essential quick guides:
NOTE: PollEv plugin for PowerPoint is available from the Software Centre on all staff machines, To access the software Center please go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft System Center > Software Center, or search “Software Center”.
You can install the plugin from the Poll Everywhere website on your own computer.
Please contact the IT Service Centre on ext 1234 for help on installing the PowerPoint plugin.
The plugin is already installed on all classroom PCs.
Getting Started Training (25min)
Further guides and training
This page provides several other videos explaining how to use Poll Everywhere.