Turnitin allows you to email students who have not yet submitted their work to a Turnitin submission point. This includes assignments set to be marked anonymously.
Instructions for use
- Navigate to the module where the Turnitin assignment is located.
- Navigate to the Turnitin inbox via the left menu (Control Panel > Module Tools > Turnitin Assignments)
- ‘Email Non-submitters‘ is on the right of the menu above the student names.
- Click on the link to compose an email to send to students who have not yet submitted to the Turnitin submission point.
We have produced some suggested template for a two sample emails; a reminder of the submission date and next steps after non-submission of an assignment
- In order to ensure that no students are missed out, please click on the Roster Sync button before sending a non-submission email. This synchronises Blackboard with Turnitin, and ensures that the class list in Turnitin is up-to-date.
- The email will be sent to all non-submitting students on the module, which will include those who are not required to submit to this assignment – for example those with EECs. The sample text will help with this.
- The email will always come from <email@example.com> and any replies should be sent to the staff member who sent the reminder