The Turnitin iPad App allows you to evaluate submissions on the go using your iPad. Unfortunately, there is no app available for Android devices.
You can download the app from the iTunes store, search for “Turnitin Feedback Studio”
In order to use the Turnitin App, submission points must have been setup in Course Resources. In order to start accessing submission through the app, you must get a code, to set up the link between the iPad and the submission point.
Follow these instructions in a web browser to generate a code;
- From your module in Course Resources, go to Module Tools on the left hand side of the menu and click on Turnitin Assignments.
- Click on the link for the assignment you wish to mark.
- Click on the link for the student’s submission to open it.
- At the bottom of the feedback and similarity layers on the right click on the information icon shown by the red arrow in the image below.
- Then enter your email address twice and click on Email Me and you will receive an email with the code.
- On the iPad, open the Turnitin App and from the Classes page, tap the icon in the top left-hand corner with three horizontal lines to add the class whose submissions you want to evaluate.
- Tap on Add Class with Access Code and type in the code you generated earlier in step 5 above.
- You should see your class listed, click on it and tap on the name of the assignment you wish to evaluate.
Any changes made to Turnitin classes and assignments will automatically synchronize with the Turnitin Feedback Studio for iPad app and vice versa. The updates can only take effect when there is internet connection.
To manually sync the data, do the following:
- From the Classes page, tap the icon in the top left-hand corner with three horizontal lines.
- Tap Sync Now to initiate the synchronization.