eSubmission or online submission allows the student to submit a digital copy of their work for feedback and assessment through Course Resources (Blackboard)
There are several ways in which you can allow students to submit work via Course Resources and Turnitin is one option. Turnitin is an external online service, that is integrated into Course Resources.
Turnitin accepts most file types but is particularly useful for text-based submission as it provides an Originality Report to compare text within the submitted work with other sources. The Originality report can help with preventing plagiarism and improving writing. It also provides a number of different marking tools including in-line grading, drag and drop comments, audio feedback and rubrics.
There is no obligation for academics to use Turnitin and other methods of online submission are also permissible.
For further information click the links below:
- Setting up a Turnitin Assignment
- Turnitin Feedback Studio – Originality Reports
- Turnitin Feedback Studio – Marking, Feedback and Grades
- Turnitin Feedback Studio – Rubrics
- Online Turnitin Feedback Studio Demo
- Peer mark
- Turnitin iPad App
- Student View of Turnitin
- Email Non-Submitters in Turnitin
- Turnitin Assignment by Groups