Flipgrid is a free video discussion platform from Microsoft that helps educators see and hear from every student in class and foster a fun and supportive social learning environment.
In Flipgrid, educators post discussion prompts and students respond with short videos, whether they are learning in class or at home.
How to access Flipgrid at University of Derby
- Go to Flipgrid.com
- Click Educator Login
- Click the red Microsoft Login box
- In the pop up box that appears, login using the Work or school account, and enter your university username and password (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Follow the Educator’s getting started video below (always use School Email when setting up a grid).
- Share the grid by using the Flip Code provided or that you customised during grid set up.
- Link to the Students: Getting started video in your module or email to students so they understand how to access it. They will need to login using their University email address and password.
Privacy statement from Flipgrid Please make sure that you understand the privacy implications of using Flipgrid.